|Title:||Admissions Nurse-Saturday and Sunday Shifts|
|Shift:||Part Time, Weekends|
|Employment Status :||Part-time|
|Facility:||Sunshine Health & Rehab|
Sunshine Health Facilities offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, and a 401(k). Sunshine also offers rich PTO benefits and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Upon admit of a resident the Admissions Nurse will create a basic care plan, enter medication orders, complete needed paperwork/consents, clarify or obtain needed orders, communicate with pharmacy and perform initial assessments. The Admissions Nurse will make revisions in conjunction with the DNS, RCM, Discharge Planner and therapy department on an as needed basis.
- Communicate information between patient, Primary care physician, family, and interdisciplinary team as needed
- Coordinate with discharge planner and primary care physician/ARNP to ensure that medications, home health, and equipment orders are in place prior to discharge date.
- Attend team meetings to review resident progress on an as needed basis.
- Support floor nursing staff in care delivery and documentation.
- Participate in Admissions and discharge conferences as assigned.
- If applicable, participate in Medicare weekly meetings as assigned by DNS/RCM.
- Facilitate the clinical needs of admitted resident’s by working with the interdisciplinary team.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures as directed and evaluated by the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Maintain safe and sanitary working conditions and practice.
- Follow established safety and infection control policies and procedures and participates in all required in service training.
- Be knowledgeable of mandatory regulations and facility policy and procedures related to the admissions/discharge process.
- During weekend shifts and as time allows during the week, perform assigned tasks by the DNS/RCM/Primary Admissions nurse and assist floor nursing staff.
- Follow established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing services policies and procedures.
- Request clarification and/or training for policies and procedures that are not clearly understood.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Assume accountability for compliance to federal, state, and local regulations within the RN scope of practice.
- Report suspected abuse or neglect per SHR Policy and Procedure.
- All other job responsibilities as assigned by DNS, RCM or Admissions charge nurse.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
· Nursing degree
· Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience in long term care.
· Working knowledge and experience with long term care admissions, discharge procedures and medical terminology.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
· Active nursing license
· Current CPR certificate
Since 1949, Sunshine Health Facilities has been locally owned and providing professional care within the Spokane Valley and surrounding area. Sunshine Health & Rehabilitation is the only skilled nursing facility in the Spokane area to receive a 5 Star rating from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. This is an indicator of the excellent quality of care that Sunshine provides, including its low resident to staff ratios.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: