MSW, Case Manager
|Title:||MSW, Case Manager|
|Employment Status :||Full-time|
|Facility:||Sunshine Health and Rehab|
MSW for Sunshine Health and Rehab. Should possess Skilled Nursing Experience: Short Term/Long Term and 2+ Years of Behavioral Health/Mental Health Experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Provide supervision for assigned residents, including timely documentation as directed.
- Assist with the implementation of treatment plans for the residents.
- Conduct and assists with living skills, groups and activities, recreation, family groups and classes as assigned.
- Monitors resident’s medication compliance as directed by Program Director or nursing staff.
- Comply with all WAC requirements and facility policies and procedures.
- Perform facility-charting requirements as directed and all necessary paperwork in a complete and timely manner.
- Participate in peer review, supervision, intake and diagnostic staffing, in-house educational and administrative meetings as required and directed.
- Maintain and enhances customer service and promotes positive team work to ensure that both external and internal customers of the facility have a positive experience.
- Support decisions made based in group decision-making process.
- Maintain individual caseload and maintains charting responsibilities.
- Participate in recreational activities and motivates residents to participate.
- Maintain personal conduct in an acceptable manner.
- Help with transitions of residents as they are admitted and discharged and coordinate admissions and discharges and referrals with outside agencies and family members.
- Communicate with outside agencies for the purpose of case management
- Perform on-call activities as necessary as the case manager on-call.
- Work cooperatively with supervisors and staff and maintains a good working relationship with all staff.
- Perform all other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Masters in Social Work required (MSW)
- MSW or social work/psychology related matters degree
- Two years’ work experience working with psychiatrically impaired adults in a rehabilitation/treatment setting or related field is preferred.
- Ability to possess an awareness of behavioral management principles as applied to chronically mentally ill, and a basic knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Completed a recent Blood borne Pathogen training within the last year.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Mental Health Professional qualified or current MHP.
- Food Handler’s Permit
- Current First Aid and CPR card
- Have completed a recent Blood borne Pathogen training within the last year.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, carry, talk, and hear.
- Frequently climb, lift, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach, stoop/crouch, crawl.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently be at work on time as scheduled, and work flexible hours as needed to meet patient needs.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of:
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Skills: This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications